Copyright and Licencing
Ownership of content (Copyright policy)
- Authors of articles published in the South African Orthopaedic Journal retain the copyright of their articles without any restrictions.
- Authors retain publishing rights and are free to reproduce and disseminate their work.
- Authors requiring a variation of this policy should inform the Journal during the submission of their article.
Reproduction of articles and content (Licensing policy)
- All content is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC BY 4.0).
- This license facilitates open access by allowing free immediate access to, and unrestricted reuse of, original work.
- This licencing policy is in terms of all articles or content and all versions of such content. This includes figures, tables and images.
- Under this license, authors agree to make articles legally available for reuse, without permission or fees.
- Anyone may copy, distribute or reuse these articles, as long as the author and original source are properly cited.
- No permission is required from the authors or the publishers to reuse or repurpose journal content provided the original article is cited. Simply citing the original article can provide appropriate attribution.
- Example citation: Nieuwoudt L, Ferreira N, Marais LC. Short-term results of grade II open tibia fractures treated with circular fixators. SA Orthop J 2016,15(3):20-26. http://dx.doi.org/10.17159/2309-8309/2016/v15n3a2